That evening was the pasta feed and pick up our packets. We were supposed to have someone arranged to pick us up but that never happened so we ended up having to pay a taxi ($10) There were a number of different restaurants there serving different types of pasta dishes and while I tried a number of different kinds, we both went back for seconds on the good ole beef lasagna. After the dinner we stayed to watch the steel drum band for a bit and then grabbed our taxi back to the hotel. Luckily this place had in room air conditioning that did fairly well and Red Stripe beer, bottled pop and water available at all times. Plus an in-room alcohol dispenser of your basic liquors. Cheap stuff but still, it was free. Mark enjoyed the Red Stripe a lot.
Next stop was a cave you could swim in to (GoPro battery dead at this point…damn it!) and was a location for filming of Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Once again, Mark and I lead the way into the cave and climbed up on to this little set of steps and you could see there was electricity in there at one point. Probably for the movie I’m guessing. And there were bats flying around in there too. Once back on the boat, there were these 3 local boys that were waving at us to get our attention and then were diving off the cliffs. Once they dove, they would come over to the boat and ask for tips since they just “gave us a show.” I gave them credit and a few $$.
- Not venturing too far from the resort
- Expecting food to be readily available whenever I’m hungry
- Always expecting to have a/c
- Wishing everyone used American money
- Expecting WiFi everywhere, for free
- Wanting a little authentic food but mostly pasta, pizza and burger-like options
- Being surprised when I don’t get creamer, Splenda and Sweet n’ Low with my coffee
- Wishing all rooms would include windows that closed and walls were sound-proof
- Would like to be left alone when I’m walking down the beach
- Somehow wishing Puma would read my Thank You and send me a check for the $252 that we weren’t expecting to spend
Full album of photos here: http://photobucket.com/Kuhn_Jamaica2012