So let's start from where we left off and keep most of these descriptions short as to NOT make this a novel:
1) July 31st Milwaukee Expo and caching - This event and the morning 5k race were fantastic and we each have write ups on this on our individual blogs. As far as the caching, we basically went on a mission to get as many fun Milwaukee caches we could find. One lead us on a goose chase around this historical park area. The one stage of this letterbox was NOT able to be figured out but luckily our geo-senses kicked in and we managed to guess where the final state was. We dropped one of our pathtags in a cache called "St Mark's Coffee Cache". How perfect of a name is that? :) Plus that also ended up being my 200th find.
|Kris: And Cari asked for cheek so.....here ya go girl ;)|
Additionally we got to see two Lighthouses, another one of my interests.
2) February 6th - We were going to run a 1 mile and 5k mile race this morning but once we did the 1 mile (across the lake, through a few inches of snow) we decided against 5k through the same awful terrain. Plus Mark was starting to develop a nagging cough. So we opted for a couple Hot Apple Blasts from Caribou and grabbed a few caches in White Bear Lake. The notable one here was the one that was IN the library. (spoiler alert!!!!) Once you solved a few questions by using the library book system, you are lead to a particular section where there is a fake book on the shelf. How cool of a hide is that? :)
and we went to the Luminary Loppet. Our first cross country ski event. A beautiful event!!!!
3) February 7th - THE BEST DAY EVER!!!! (ok so this is a copy and paste from my blog since I wrote it up there first) We decided to sleep in and then leisurely have some breakfast and after caring for the dogs and cats, head out for a run around Lake Calhoun. There was some significance to choosing to drive over to Lake Calhoun instead of running by one of our houses. Exactly one year ago, we first met at Lake Calhoun when a group of TNT'ers got together for an early run before the whole team met up. There was instant sparks from that day forward. So we were out for an easy run, reminiscing about that day we met and the past year. Along the east side of the lake, we ran by a bench that we have stopped at a few times in the past to sit and chat and people watch. It became a special spot for us. So when we came around the second time, I failed to truly notice that Mark just happened to have to fix his shoe right by our bench. We stopped for a moment, I stretched my calves while I waited for him and when I turned around to look at him.....
4) February 10th - We attended a "Sip and Sample" event at OM restaurant downtown. We got to sample wines and a few fancy dishes. Thanks to Groupon, we got into this $25 per person event for only $10 per person.
4.5) February 12th - Mark sent me flowers at work :D
Mark: Another Groupon coupon. I highly recommend anyone check them out.
5) February 13th - While poor Mark was still fighting with his cold, we took today relatively easy. We went out bowling with Mark's brother and his family and Mark's Dad. We only had time to play one game but it was a lot of fun and Michaela enjoyed it as it was her first time.
Later in the afternoon we got obsessed with grabbing the 6 caches that were recently published. It was a series of 5 Lord of the Rings Wizard caches and the final puzzle cache "The One Ring". We got the first few pretty quickly but as it was starting to get dark we struggled a bit with one that was buried in the snow. I don't think we would have gotten the final two, or even attempted them, had Mark not had his flashlight in the car.
6) February 14th - Today we were going to go to an Orienteering event but again poor Mark was being beaten up by this awful cough/cold thing he had going on so we decided to take it easy for the first part of the day and then grabbed a few caches around the Golden Valley area. The notable one here was one that had a really cool geocoin in it and we were determined to grab it. Unfortunately this was not a winter-friendly multi-stage cache as we had to tromps through some deep snow and spend time chopping at a block of ice to get the final cache container. We did get the coin too :) And we also picked up a travel bug that is actually a book that you need to get your hands on in order to solve a local puzzle cache.
For the evening, Mark took me out to Spill the Wine for a wonderful 3 course meal and then out to the Orpheum Theatre to see Young Frankenstein. That was seriously funny! And a wonderful date night for Valentines ;)
So that get's us caught up through last weekend. It always seems like so much work to get caught up but now that we are, it will be easier to keep up. I should have another post up here shortly about our adventures from this weekend.
(Damn...that was a novel. OK I'm promising we will TRY really hard to not do that again :)