Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wedding Updates and other Geocaching stories

Kris: So first off I should point out that I forgot to mention something a few weeks ago.   During our Ragnar Relay race, we were quickly trying to duck away here and there to grab nearby caches.  At one point, I was in shorts and sandals and we were waiting for our runner to go by.   But there was a cache just over 500 ft away in the woods.   We made the decision to make a quick run for it.  It led us along a small path and then OFF the path towards some fallen logs.  We made the find and got out of there just in time to see our team runner go by.   Now let's fast forward two days......

Picture doesn't do it justice.  Should have taken my shoes/socks off to show you all the spots on my feet and ankles!

Yeah.....that's right, poison ivy folks.   And I'm positive the above recollection is when I made the unfortunate contact.  3 nights of little sleep from itching....it finally went away.

----
MN State Fair
We went out to the Fair last Saturday to catch my favorite A Capella group Tonic Sol Fa at Leinie's Lodge and then do LOTs of people watching.   Nothing too exciting to report from the fair and if you believe it or not, we were there for 4 1/2 hours and only split one plate of Aussie Battered Potatoes and each got an ice cream treat from the Dairy Barn. Mark: It was strange to spend so little time at the fair this year and to not eat very much. One other thing that we did at the fair was got our BMI/Body Fat % tested. :( I will be talking more about that in my personal blog if anyone is interested.

Baby Piggy
Baby Chicks

------
Vikings Pre-Season
We actually had to hurry from the Fair to pick up our race packets for the Mpls Duathlon the next morning (see our individual blogs) and then get to the first Vikings pre-season game.  Nothing too exciting their either, they played well and I see some new talent lurking.   Favre played through the first half.    We also got to check out our new season ticket seats which are the same distance up in the upper deck but instead of in the corner, we are straight up from about the 12 yard line on the Vikings bench side. Mark: I spent most of the game looking around trying to get used to my new perspective. I sat in my old seats for 10 years. It will take a bit to get used to but I do like the location, right in the middle of the Red Zone.


------
Al and Alma's Fajita's and Margaritas!
We purchased two tickets through Living Social to this cruise awhile back.  $17.50 for both of us to get a 2 hour narrated cruise on Lake Minnetonka with a fajita buffet dinner and one free margarita.   It was a great night to be on the water.  Only downside is that we were so hungry by time dinner was served, our eyes were much bigger than our stomachs. Mark: Wanted to get the most for our money!

I was still full the next morning!

------------
We are VERY much looking forward to Geocoin Fest which is being hosted here in the Twin Cities the weekend of Sept 18th.  We are planning on not missing anything going on for the event and even hunting down unactivated geocoins for the buy in needed to play in the Geocoin Poker :) Mark: A Texas Hold-em tournament where the final table plays with real geocoin poker chips and winner keeps them all. Really looking forward to that!

----- 
Oh yeah, and I'm going to just say this quickly because it really bums me out every time I think about it.  We came to the unfortunate decision that we will not be holding a reception after our wedding due to financial setbacks.   Without one or both of us taking on another job, we just can't pay for it.   While our marathon wedding is going to be very unique and very special, I just feel like part of the "getting married" experience is going to be missing....celebrating with friends and family back at home :(

1 comment:

  1. Can we have a rehearsal dinner-type thing for you? Just family and your "wedding party" out to dinner? I'm sure the parents and family members would go for something like that, you know, money-wise. I know it's not what you wanted, but it makes me sad to think that you will have *nothing*.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers